Wednesday, May 03, 2006

UNGODLY BELIEVERS AND GODLY UNBELIEVERS

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



UNGODLY BELIEVERS AND GODLY UNBELIEVERS


(David's Mediations)


Hi friends,


Forgive me for being blunt, but does it seem to you that some believers are not very nice?

Every time I enter a Christian chat room here at AOL, I am struck by it. One calls names, another is a bully, and a third hurls out curses while she recites verses!

Aren't we Christians supposed to love friends and foes alike?

By contrast I know some skeptics whose behavior is very Christ-like.

One, is a lady who attends Bible class each week. The suffering of the world disturbs her so deeply, she can not fathom how a merciful God would allow such things. I've known her for years and never heard her say an unkind word.

Another, is trying to reconcile her beliefs to the knowledge that so many people in the world have been taught different things about God. This tender-hearted lady comes to Bible class and asks questions.

A third, is a renowned jurist who is puzzled by some of Paul's teachings. He is a humble human being, who is far more comfortable serving than being served.

None of them belittles the opinions of others, or shows any disrespect toward those with whom they differ.

If unbelievers can live by Jesus' new Commandment, why is it that so many believers do not even appear to try?

John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall al men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

Love, Your brother in Christ,

David
copyright David Brandon 4/23/06





"I have often felt that many things that bring us to our knees,
teach us while we are down there to learn to pray.
These possibilities are open to everyone.
Don't tell God you are not good enough, do what He asks.
Don't tell God to send someone else, He asked you.
Don't tell God you don't have time to pray, He said seek me first.
Don't neglect the things of God. He said we are to
pick up His cross daily and follow Him.
Don't tell God anything is bigger than His ability.
God is the Great I Am, I am whatever you need.

There is no pit so deep, God's love is not deeper still.

Not my will but thine oh Lord." - Millie






Millie's Devotions is a fantastic online email-based daily devotional. I have been receiving them for quite a while, and each one is Spirit filled. I wish I could publish the majority of her 'dailys' on this blog, and I've been begging her to start her own blog simply because they are POWERFUL and SPIRITUALLY UPLIFTING!!! There is no fee to receive these email devotions, and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to sign up to receive these devotions, please click on:






Articles reprinted with kind permission from David Brandon and Millie's Devotions, published through Millie's Devotions 4.28.2006. Picture also from Millie's Devotions, "UNGODLY BELIEVERS AND GODLY UNBELIEVERS",
4.28.2006


0 comments: