Friday, June 02, 2006

You'll Never Walk Alone

Way back in the 70's, when my mother worked as a Drama Director, the cast gave her a gift. It was a picture of our Lord (the same as below) with a small plaque that reads "You never walk alone." The production was Carousel, and the quote refers to the song of that title. I have always loved this picture, and it has great meaning to me. So do the words of this song. I wanted to take a moment to share this with you today:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Artist: Rodgers & Hammerstein
Song: You'll Never Walk Alone

When you walk through a storm
Hold your chin up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on
With Christ* in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.

* Christ was substituted in place of hope, as it was a Catholic Girl's school.

If you have never heard this song, I urge you to google it and see if you can find a copy to download. It is a very uplifting piece.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm walking in the rain with my head up high knowing I am a Child of God, he loves me, he knows me by name. I am in His hands. Biddy